Petrobras completes test at Jupiter pre-salt exploration area off Brazil. (Credit: Keri Jackson from Pixabay.) Brazilian state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) has completed a drill stem test (DST) at the Jupiter pre-salt area in Block BM-S-24 concession in the Santos basin.The well is located about 295km from the city of Rio de Janeiro, in a water depth of 2,183m.Acquired in 2001, the Block BM-S-24 concession is operated by Petrobras with ownership of 80% stake and the remaining 20% is held by Petrogal Brazil.The test assessed the pre-salt carbonate reservoirs in the well, which is internally called Apollonia (3-BRSA-1246- RJS).Test results confirm the potentiality of the Jupiter areaPetrobras said that the test confirmed “excellent productivity” of the well, containing value added condensed oil.It also said that the condensed oil has a high gas-oil ratio as well as high carbon dioxide content that need application of innovative technologies for its commercial production.The company will use the fluid samples which were collected in the test to validate the HISEP High Pressure Separation technology, developed and patented by Petrobras.The technology separates and re-injects the reservoir rocks using the equipment which is installed at the bottom of the sea, of the CO2 existing in the oil produced.In a qualification stage and a pilot in another area operated by Petrobras, HISEP is expected to be installed in 2024 to perform longer term tests to enable a new concept of production development.Petrobras said: “This technological innovation has the potential to enable the Jupiter production development pilot project, as well as other projects with high gas-oil and CO2 ratio fluids, opening a new exploration and production development frontier for opportunities in Petrobras’ deep and ultra-deep water portfolio.”Recently, Petrobras has agreed to sell its stake in 27 onshore exploration and production concessions, located in Espírito Santo, Brazil. The test assessed the pre-salt carbonate reservoirs in the well, located in a water depth of 2,183m
Robert Kraft requests jury trial, pleads not guilty to soliciting prostitution charges NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday night that the league continues to gather information about Robert Kraft’s ongoing soliciting prostitution case while the Patriots owner kept a low profile at this week’s NFL owners meetings in Arizona.Making his first public remarks about the allegations against Kraft, Goodell said he wouldn’t speculate about how the league would handle the situation, no matter how Kraft’s case in South Florida turns out. The commissioner said he — not the owners — would determine any potential punishment: “The personal conduct policy is my responsibility.” “I think we said this several weeks ago, the Personal Conduct Policy applies to everybody — the commissioner’s office, executives, players, coaches,” Goodell told reporters Tuesday night in Phoenix during a news conference to wrap up the meetings (via WEEI.com). “And it will be applied to everybody. It will be done after we get all the facts and we have all the information. We will be fair and smart about it. That is what we’ll do.”Goodell later added: “When we get all the information, we’ll make determinations. I’m not going to speculate on where we are or my views on anything. Until we get all the information, we’re not to make any discussions or any comments about that.” Related News Kraft was at the Phoenix meetings but didn’t talk to reporters. Goodell was seen speaking to the Pats owner but, per Pro Football Talk , the commissioner wouldn’t disclose anything Kraft said to him or the owners, saying the meetings were confidential.NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was seen speaking with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Kraft has pleaded not guilty to charges of paying for sex acts at a Florida spa. Goodell said the NFL will wait for the facts to emerge before addressing Kraft’s case. pic.twitter.com/cO499odx6o— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) March 27, 2019Earlier Tuesday, Kraft requested a jury trial in Palm Beach County, Florida, reaffirming his not-guilty plea in the high-profile case.Even if Kraft is found not guilty in the trial, he could be subject to a fine or suspension according to NFL policy.