FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail STAY CONNECTED: For more information, visit our Website at:www.hrsolutions-inc.com or call (812) 476-3180 HR Solutions, Inc., 100 N. Saint Joseph Avenue, Evansville, IN 47712
highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Juventus played a friendly against a K-League all-stars team.Juventus team arrived late from the airport.K-League has demanded an apology for Cristiano Ronaldo’s no-show. Seoul: South Korea’s K-League has accused Juventus of “deception” after superstar Cristiano Ronaldo sat out last week’s friendly in Seoul, enraging thousands of fans. The Korean league said it felt “disappointed and cheated” and demanded an apology from the Italian football champions after the Portuguese forward spent Friday’s game on the bench. A sell-out crowd of 65,000 made its displeasure known during the game against a K-League all-stars team, which was delayed for an hour after Juventus arrived late from the airport. After a flight delay, Juventus requested a police escort and also asked for the game to be cut to two 40-minute halves — a proposal that the K-League branded “ridiculous and insulting”. “K-League cannot help but feel disappointed and cheated by Juventus for its shamelessness,” a K-League statement said. More than 2,000 fans plan to sue the sports agency that organised the game, one of a series of pre-season appearances by European teams keen to promote themselves in Asia. The K-League was unhappy with Juventus’ response to an initial complaint, saying it did not contain an apology or explanation. The football body accused Juventus of a breach of contract by not playing Ronaldo, rejecting its explanation that he was rested on medical advice. “Ronaldo did not play even for a minute, contrary to the contract guaranteed that he will play for at least 45 minutes,” the K-League said. “If Ronaldo was unable to play, it would be a blatant deception to include Ronaldo as a substitute on the start list,” it added. The K-League also criticised the club’s travel arrangements and questioned its assertion that it took nearly two hours to get through the airport. “K-League clearly register our profound indignation and disappointment to Juventus’s irresponsible behaviour and manners, and we strongly urge Juventus to offer a sincere apology and explain the reason for Ronaldo’s no-show,” the statement said. Fans have lashed out at Ronaldo, urging a boycott of products promoted by the five-time Ballon d’Or winner, while “doing a ‘Naldo” has become a popular term for avoiding work in the office. The controversy was even dragged into the political arena when opposition lawmaker Na Kyung-won reportedly said: “There is one thing in common between (North Korean leader) Kim Jong Un and Ronaldo. They both perceive South Korea as a pushover.”
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has been suspended from three domestic matches after a charge of violent conduct was upheld by the Football Association.Costa was involved in an incident with Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny during Saturday’s 2-0 win over Arsenal in the English Premier league. The 26-year-old Spaniard put his hands in Koscielny’s face before clashing with Gabriel, who was sent off.Also read: Jose Mourinho helped me evolve as a player: Oscar “An FA charge against Diego Costa for violent conduct not seen by the match officials but caught on video has been found proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing,” an FA statement said on Tuesday.”The Chelsea forward will, therefore, serve the standard penalty of a three-match suspension with immediate effect. The charge, which the player denied, was in relation to an incident involving Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny in the 43rd minute of the game on Saturday.”Costa contested the charges. Chelsea said they were “disappointed” with the verdict.”We are extremely disappointed with the FA Regulatory Commission’s decision to suspend Diego Costa. We will await their written reasons before commenting further,” Chelsea said on Tuesday.