Faulkner trading Force for Rebels

first_imgFaulkner, who was born in New Zealand before moving to Melbourne as a 13-year-old, leaves the Force after seven years with the club – a stint that started as injury cover in 2011.Rebels CEO Baden Stephenson revealed the signing on Melbourne radio station RSN this morning and was brimming with excitement at the prospect of bringing a Wallaby back to Melbourne.”Tetera is a quality player and person who will bring experience, consistency and strong values to the Rebels,” Stephenson said.“It is great to bring a Melbourne player home to represent the Rebels in front of so many family, friends and teammates that he grew up with.”Faulkner’s career sprouted as a schoolboy in Melbourne, as he pulled on Australian Schoolboys colours in 2006, an Australian U19s jersey in 2007 and represented the Australian U20s in 2008 prior to joining the Force in 2011.To return to the city where it all started was an opportunity the 29-year-old couldn’t pass up.“I’m looking forward to the opportunity to continue my rugby career back in Melbourne, a city that I hold dear to me,” Faulkner said.“After getting my first big break with the Schoolboys in Melbourne, it feels like I’ve come a full circle so I’m excited to return home and contribute to the exciting future of the Melbourne Rebels and Victorian rugby.”A member of Michael Cheika’s Bledisloe Cup squad, Faulkner will make the move to Melbourne in November.last_img read more


first_imgA CONVOY man caught doing doughnuts on the rally weekend last year has been fined €500.Andrew Laird, who is 25 with an address at 80 Milltown in Convoy, was arrested by gardai at Raymoghy on June 22 last year.Garda Inspector Michael Harrison said gardai observed Laird as he spun his car around in the middle of the road. The inspector was asked by Judge Paul Kelly what sort of vehicle Laird was driving.The inspector replied: “The ususal, Toyota Corolla twin cam. He even had the furry dice.”After his arrest Laird admitted doing the dougnut on the road and admitted a charge of carless driving.Laird had a previous conviction in 2010 for careless driving and for possession and use of cannabis.Judge Kelly warned Laird that he would lose his license if he appeared in court again.He fined him €500 and gave him a month to pay.Defence solicitor Frank Dorrian asked his client when he could pay the fine.Laird replied: “Give me a couple of hours.”€500 FINE FOR TWIN-CAM DOUGHNUT DRIVER was last modified: July 16th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Andrew LairdconvoydangerousdoughnutdriverLetterkenny Courtlast_img read more